Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coldspring Gang

Due to our internet difficulties while we were in Huntsville, I neglected to post our pictures from Coldspring, so here they are, a bit out of order. Two of Dillie and Roger's daughters, Deb and Karen, live on Lake Livingston, one at the north end, and one at the south. We all met at Deb's house at the south end of the lake for a nice chat which included Roger who was at the motor home parked on Deb's property that day. Afterwards, we had lunch in town, went antique shopping, and were treated to a tour of Old Town Coldspring. Here are some scenes from Old Town including one of Karen and I clowning around in the old post office. "Give me my package and give it to me now!"

2 comments:

Glenn said...

If you want to see more of the Coldspring Gang, I guess you'll have to watch the video I shot, showing the Denham property, house, et.al., the courthouse, Elaine's, the shops, and more. (We drove over on the 16th from The Whistler B&B in Huntsville, and Karen drove down from Trinity.) Debbie was a great hostess--thanks, Deb, for taking the day off from work to be with us. She took us on a lovely drive through Wolf Creek(Wolfpack? Wolfgang?) Park and across Lake Livingston, telling us great stories along the way. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I must have been talking too much because unfortunately I did not take any photos of Deb's wonderful home and yard. Lots of beautiful trees (and antiques!).