Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Adventure Begins...Day 1

Here we are in Texas (Glenn's roots) and Fort Worth, no less (Nancy's roots). We're staying in the revitalized downtown area of Fort Worth (see previous post about Sundance Square), right in the heart of the city. Fort Worth's colorful past is everywhere you look. Fort Worth has done a great job of finding new uses for old properties with funky charm and lots of history. We're staying at Etta's Place, a B & B just about 4 blocks from where my grandmother grew up, in the corner room called "Butch's Hideout." Online, I thought we might be taking a chance when we booked Etta's, but My, Oh, My!!!! It's absolutely beautiful! I've tried to take some pictures, and I'll just say right now, they do not do it justice! This is what you see when you drive up to Etta's. The entrance is modest and unassuming. But that's where the modesty stops. The room has a full kitchen and is spacious with a lot of detail and care given to the decor.Newly remodeled bath with granite counters,vintage black and white flooring, and specialty hardware, soft vintage look bed linens, fabulous view from the windows. Don't be fooled. We are never far from the true spirit of Texas--let us never forget where we came from, nosiree. This gem in the living room made me laugh. Sitting on the nightstand just a few feet from an ornate gold framed Victorian painting, a genuine horseshoe lamp!

3 comments:

Glenn said...

Nancy did a superb job in choosing this place and this room! Tomorrow we start her genealogical explorations.

Unknown said...

I love the view from the room. And the quilt is awesome! I want a quilt like that. The horseshoe lamp is a riot!! Pretty crafty though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, very crafty :-) You're right, the quilt is awesome.